The Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
Cardiac Rehabilitation (CR) is a medically supervised programme that cares for patients living with cardiovascular disease. Cardiac physiotherapy generally takes about a month to complete and can help prevent another heart attack that may be more serious than the first. The programme includes:
* physical activity (physiotherapy)
* education about healthy living – eating healthy, quitting smoking, and taking essential medicines.
* counselling to know how to relieve stress and improve mental health.
In your cardiac rehabilitation sessions, you will be assisted by your healthcare team, nutrition and exercise specialists, counsellors, and physiotherapists.
Typically, you will attend your cardiac rehab 2 to 3 days per week for about two months, more or less. How often you can attend will dictate how long you can finish the programme.
How will you benefit from physiotherapy treatment after cardiac surgery? Physiotherapy will keep you doing activities that involve action or movement, thus enhancing your recovery. You will be encouraged to mobilise independently early after the operation.
Physiotherapy after cardiac surgery also offers the following benefits:
* You’ll be able to maintain sternal precautions and activity restrictions. This will shield your breastbones from the wires that hold the sternum together from cutting across.
* Your mobility can be easily assessed. The goal of physiotherapy is to gauge the effectiveness of cardiac surgery on your mobility.
* Your exercise tolerance, which is the amount of exercise you can perform before getting over-exerted, can be improved. Physiotherapists can plan a multiphase recovery measure to improve your ability to do your daily pursuit.
* You will learn to monitor your heart rate, rating of perceived exertion, and typical response to exercise.
Physiotherapy for heart patients can affect easy blood flow through the heart. It can help open up blood vessels and strengthen the heart muscles overall. If you are at high risk of developing heart disease, we recommend you seek physiotherapy to keep your heart and body active. You can be healthy again through exercise, education, and support.
The role of physiotherapy in cardiac rehabilitation is very important in the management of cardiovascular diseases (CVD). CVD includes conditions such as stroke, heart attack and angina. Heart diseases result from the gradual buildup of fatty deposits in the coronary arteries, so they become narrow, leading to angina.
Physiotherapy specialises in the rehabilitation of individuals with injuries and diseases of the heart. It will help you regain strength, reduce the risk of future heart issues, prevent your present condition from getting worse, and help improve your quality of life.
Cardiac physiotherapy or cardiac rehab will provide pain relief to cardiac patients, no matter the age and variety of heart ailments. You can consult with and get help from a licensed physiotherapist. You will be given a treatment plan that suits your diagnosis, and you can be assured of a healthy heart and an active life in the future.
If you are searching for top-notch physiotherapy for cardiovascular diseases, our team at Mission Walk offers post-surgical rehabilitation that can be suitable for your particular purpose. We create customised plans to suit the surgery that you’ve undergone and the unique response of your body to the surgery. We also offer pre-surgical rehab services that prepare your body for surgery.
Contact Mission Walk today for more information about how we can help you with cardiac rehabilitation or schedule an initial consultation.